Our School Review was completed in August 2017 and the School Strategic Plan outlining the schools’ goals and priorities from 2018 – 2021 has been implemented. Our next review is scheduled for 2021.
Our school aims to provide a caring, dynamic and supportive learning environment that encourages all children to achieve and develop the necessary skills, knowledge and behaviours to become valued and productive members of the community.
Our focus at Hamilton North Primary School is to support and understand every child for who they are and to help them achieve success both academically and socially.This means:
- Aim to be the best they can be
- Understand that effort equals success
- Have individual starting points for their learning
- Develop the attitude and skills to take responsibility for their own learning and behaviour
- Put children’s learning at the forefront of planning and activities
- Support individual student learning by providing accurate and timely feedback on their work
- Develop the child to achieve social, academic, emotional and physical wellbeing
- Actively contribute to Professional Learning Teams to promote student learning outcomes
- Are part of a team approach – parents, teachers and students
- Understand their child is valued as an individual
- Understand the school will conference student discipline issues using Restorative Practice to reach a resolution
- Are offered opportunities to share in learning
- Has a shared understanding of expectation with the school
TRUE NORTH VALUES
Our expectations that guide the school and provide a reference point for decisions and actions are:-
Integrity – in our words and actions, we seek to listen and ascertain the truth upon which we can base our decisions and actions
Empathy – we seek to understand and take into account the perspective of others in a situation of need and we accept and value difference in others
Cooperation – teamwork in learning together to achieve the best possible outcomes for all
Responsibility – we all own our learning and behavior
Respect – thinking and acting in a way that shows others you care about their feelings and their well-being
In our school community these values are demonstrated when:
- Learners are the centre of our teaching and learning
- Our teaching and learning programs encourage deep understanding, enable the students to make connections and develop a sense of the importance of learning.
- Students and teachers are supported and have the opportunity to work in a positive and caring environment
- Students are expected to take responsibility for their learning and behavior.
- Students are encouraged to achieve their best through effort and taking responsibility for their learning and behaviour