The True North Values are an integral part of our school culture creating a common language in guiding behaviours and social skills development. These values are taught explicitly by staff at a level appropriate to the age of the students.
Thinking and acting in a way that shows others you care about their feelings and their well-being
In our school community these values are demonstrated when:
- Learners are the centre of our teaching and learning
- Our teaching and learning programs encourage deep understanding, enable the students to make connections and develop a sense of the importance of learning.
- Students and teachers are supported and have the opportunity to work in a positive and caring environment.
- Students are expected to take responsibility for their learning and behavior.
- Students are encouraged to achieve their best through effort and taking responsibility for their learning and behaviour
We all own our learning and behaviour
We seek to understand and take into account the perspective of others in a situation of need and we accept and value difference in others
Teamwork in learning together to achieve the best possible outcomes for all
In our words and actions, we seek to listen and ascertain the truth upon which we can base our decisions and actions