Schools provide students with free instruction to fulfil the standard Victorian curriculum and we want to assure you that all contributions are voluntary. Nevertheless, the ongoing support of our families ensures that our school can offer the best possible education and support for our students. We want to thank you for all your support, whether that’s through fundraising or volunteering your time. This has made a huge difference to our school and the programs we can offer.
The environment and resources that our students enjoy today represent the contributions made by our parent/carer community over many years. Parent/Carers voluntary contributions make a significant difference to the quality of our programs. This financial support ensures that we can continue to provide the excellent range of facilities and resources for your children, by directing Department funding to other budget areas. Your support in 2021 allowed us to:
- Provide high quality programs and specific subject materials and equipment for: English, Mathematics, Science, Art, Discovery, Language and PE
- Maintain and develop the school grounds
- Ensure the upkeep of our computer devices to enhance learning opportunities
- Maintain sufficient class sets of books for students to develop their reading skills
- Provide hands on maths equipment
- Deliver a range of sporting equipment
- Arrange for individual student supplies and class bulk supplies
- Offer effective First Aid for all student
For further information on the Department’s Parent Payments Policy please see a one-page overview here.
Curriculum Contributions – items and activities that students use, or participate in, to access the Curriculum
|Classroom consumables, materials & equipment – per child
· Materials purchased for individual grades
· Additional Art, craft and Discovery Learning materials where applicable
|Literacy Program – per child
· Spelling Mastery Grades 3-6 or Sounds Write F -2
|Online Subscriptions – per child
|Total Suggested (Voluntary) Contribution Amount||$130.00|
Other Contributions – $50.00 per family (suggested amount)
School Council continues to encourage all families to contribute to the continual upkeep and development of the school. Parents and guardians are invited to make a voluntary donation to upgrading our ICT resources ($35) and to assist with the provision of a safe and secure environment for children ($15). These are suggested amounts only and any amount is acceptable.
Extra-Curricular Items and Activities
Hamilton North Primary School offers a range of items and activities that enhance or broaden the schooling experience of students and are above and beyond what the school provides in order to deliver the Curriculum. These are provided on a user-pays basis.
View the Department of Education’s Parent Payment Policy here – 2022 Parent Payment Policy – DET